Clickspring is an award-winning New York-based experiential design firm specializing in broadcast design, consumer brand environments, and event and entertainment design. Our solutions are specifically created to awaken and notice a target audience, hold their attention and invite an emotional exchange. Our goal is to extend the duration of an audience’s interaction with a brand.
Position and functions: Together with the CEO, CCO, CFO, and COO, the VP of Design is responsible for delivering the best professional design results for the business. The VP of Design should provide the overall design vision for the practice, while serving as the primary client contact and advisor on all creative matters. The VP is responsible for driving innovative business results while helping to guide internal teams and their projects to a successful conclusion. As a member of the leadership team, the position requires collaborating in the creation of strategic business goals necessary to guide the future direction and success of the business. The position requires strong client advocacy with the expectation that return of business will result from award-winning design solutions and client satisfaction.
Team Senior Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain a constant line of communication between the management team and staff.
- Prepare monthly progress reports to CEO, CFO, CCO and COO regarding design projects, hiring, staff performance and financial goals. (could be done via a monthly Senior Management Zoom meeting)
- With the leadership team, make final decisions on accepting or rejecting opportunities and project scopes.
- With the management team, make final decisions on hiring and training staff.
- With the management team, ensure that all staff members are monitored and held accountable for job performance relative to individual job descriptions.
- With the management team, advise on operations, strategy, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Work with the management team to establish reasonable expectations for project personnel and cost.
- Provide ongoing mentoring to staff by keeping an eye on individual employee growth and building a team trained in best practices.
- Lead the studio by example, setting the highest standards for performance and professional behavior.
Main duties of the position:
- Provide creative and design direction and oversight for CSD projects, including those requiring the coordination of larger project teams: Deploy architectural and broadcast (aka, hybrid) expertise.
- Review all ongoing creative concepts for quality, relevance, and adherence to project scopes/briefs.
- Provide final sign-off on all creative concepts and presentations before submitting them to clients.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the internal process of moving creative concepts through the design, documentation, and construction and commissioning stages of the project.
- Communicate design solutions to clients through meetings, conference calls and email distributions as required.
- Together with the management team, draft proposal documents to initiate project work.
- Participate in weekly management meetings and calls such as “Executive Meeting”, “Operations Meeting” and “Sales Meeting”.
- Mentor talent and recognize achievement. Periodically review the performance of assigned direct reports.
Secondary professional functions:
- Encourage and participate in a “team first” approach to practice, where clear and active communication between employees, especially when solutions are not apparent and problems are anticipated, is explicitly required.
- Provide thought leadership and insights necessary to position Clickspring Design as an innovator in our core industry(s).
- Participate in post-mortems of all CSD work to facilitate learning of project successes and failures.
- Participate and provide ultimate creative oversight and direction in “daily meetings” and “staff meetings”.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Proven, award-winning design capabilities
- Ability to visually communicate intent to CSD team members using sketches, 3D and 2D drawings, and markup
- Full understanding of end-to-end design-bid-build methodology for project delivery
- Ability to represent Clickspring Design in a professional manner to customers, suppliers and partners in person and through all modes of communication
- Motivation for continuous process improvement and innovative design results
Reports to: CEO
Works in collaboration with: CEO, CFO, CCO and COO
Direct Reports: Senior Design Directors, Design Directors
*Please include a portfolio of your work*
View your application history
Back to task list…