He is a fully competent professional architect who will perform architectural design and development work for projects involving the construction of new buildings and the modification of existing buildings and facilities. The position is responsible for the coordination of architectural works for all projects. The scope and role of the project architect may vary from project to project. Usually includes specification coordination and construction administration.
Essential tasks and responsibilities
- Identifies objectives and formulates options; conceptualizes the entire project and establishes key work priorities for the development of design, planning and budgeting.
- Prepares designs, working drawings, specifications, and initiates and develops design and construction documents for projects.
- Interpret design concepts by partnering with lead designers and translate them into workable building systems; assesses the alternatives to develop solutions; maintains technical and design quality control.
- Coordinates / directs the work of architectural and interior design staff who complement design or production work and construction documents.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with managers, consultants and team members regarding the status of the project; ensures that work meets clients’ requirements, is done on time and on budget.
- Performs daily tasks during the administration phase of a project construction.
- Maintain records to document phases of client / architect / contractor relationship and activities.
- May perform a variety of architectural staff level tasks as required, depending on the scope of the project.
- Can work with the client to confirm goals and formulate options; may prepare and lead design and technical presentations for the team and / or clients.
- May require domestic travel to visit clients and / or project sites.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture or related field required.
- Minimum of six years of experience as an architect with experience in mixed-use, commercial and / or retail projects.
- Architect’s license desired.
- In-depth knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required; preferred hand-drawing ability.
- MEP coordination experience desired.
- At least two years of seniority in the supervision and management of personnel desired.
- Communicates clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using a variety of software applications.
- Works effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Performs tasks with precision and with great attention to detail.
- Systematically respect deadlines, by performing the tasks as defined previously.
- Understands, tracks and respects project budgets.
- Works with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Works effectively on personal computer platforms including programs like Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office suite.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting up to 25 lbs, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and straightening arms regularly.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, such as participation in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular group lunch outings and monthly happy hours to celebrate new employees and birthdays, to to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401 (k) connection and commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth is part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the large group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team carts or in daily work, convinced that the best ideas remain to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate, you align with our core values ââof integrity, technical know-how, exceptional customer service and stewardship, and you are a positive person who works well independently and within a dynamic and highly qualified team.
View the history of your applications