Working as part of an expanding Building Services (M + E) team, they are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide a variety of projects and professional instructions. Ideally, you will have work experience in the construction services engineering industry, ideally with consulting, design or facility services experience.
Their Construction Services (M + E) team consists of 14 engineers across a network of UK offices and provides a platform for professional and career development, and the opportunity to work on properties and leading and leading business developments.
The team is growing rapidly, and this is an opportunity for a candidate to make an impact on a key service line within an established company. You will work on prestigious, seminal and iconic buildings with clients such as The Crown Estate, M + G Real Estate, Aviva Investors, Broadgate Estates, Legal and General, GIC, British Land, Portman Estates, St James’s Place Wealth Management and Knight Frank Investment Management.
They are passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent progressive career opportunities.
It is a leading independent consultancy firm in development, built assets and sustainable development. They place the well-being of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything they do.
They pride themselves on their reputation for integrity and the highest quality work, combined with business pragmatism. They offer a solid background in all areas of commercial real estate, advising investors, developers, occupants and owners on maximizing the best value of real estate assets. Diversity and strength in depth are important to them. Whether it’s a technical thought leader with professional experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk-averse world, you need people by your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and business acumen. Clients see them as big enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the most out of their portfolios, and small enough that it matters personally.
They have over 145 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Main responsibilities and deliverables:
- Design and specification of the performance of engineering systems in buildings
- Inspections and reports (technical due diligence, decay)
- Produce engineering service life cycle plans
- Preparation of budget cost estimates for project designs
- Ability to advise on engineering services compliance and recent energy advice
- Client meetings and reporting
- All aspects of mechanical service design, including air conditioning, ventilation, household services, and public health design
- Ensure the successful delivery of TDD projects, decay, design and monitoring in collaboration with the M&E team at large.
- Drive individual financial performance in accordance with agreed objectives
- Start building and managing an individual pipeline
Key Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Building services engineer diploma (BEng)
- MCIBSE or for accreditation – full support to achieve
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel and Project, as well as design software such as Amtech, Dialux and Relux is desirable
- Familiarity with mechanical design software including IES and ability to perform manual calculations
- Knowledge of CAD and Revit appreciated
- Preference in experience writing design specifications and producing drawings
- Working knowledge of SBEM requirements and Part L
- Technical experience in due diligence investigation is preferred but not essential
- Excellent specification and report writing skills
- Demonstrate solid experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all skill levels and seniority
- Rigorous and proactive
- Ability to prioritize and act on one’s own initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of UK standards
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Business understanding in professional practice
Competitive salary plus benefits: car allowance, expense bonus program, iPhone and laptop to promote flexible working, private health care (after 12 months), investment in career development, individual accident coverage, insurance -life, 25 days of vacation and professional subscription.
Bike plan, interest-free subscription loan and company pension plan all available at the end of the trial period.
How to register
Please contact Stewart Robbins – 0117 973 8507 – [email protected] or apply online here.