In this position, you will conceptualise, plan and promote the capacity development of the adult training and education (ATE) sector through the formulation of a framework and the creation of a strong network of professionals and companies. of EI to foster excellence in adult education.
You will report to the Associate Director, Design, Development and Partnerships, with the following responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of the Adult Education and Training (ATE) sector, identify areas of development in demand and build a solid base of Adult Educator Network (ENA) and professionalization of education (AEP) that can be mobilized to make an impactful contribution to the TAE Community.
- Contribute to building a strong value proposition for AEN and AEP to promote membership and active participation in the TAE sector for individuals and industries.
- Promote the capacity development of the TAE community by offering and/or participating in continuing professional development programs, and a series of AEN/AEP membership benefits and activities, in collaboration with community members, to ensure that the TAE community continually engages in professional development for growth and excellence in a dynamic industry environment.
- Work on related initiatives to strengthen the quality of TAE that include, but are not limited to, possible frameworks, counseling and assessment tools.
- Track achievement of results through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and sector engagement. Present monthly reports on progress and results at various meeting platforms to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate the smooth implementation of initiatives in accordance with the organization’s standard operating procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Lead a small Adult Education Learning and Development team in achieving team projects and goals.
- Prepare and execute the team’s budget and work plan to support IAL’s strategic direction.
- Higher education qualifications, preferably in the field of education or adult learning, or a related field such as training and development. At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the adult education sector.
- Having a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), or Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP), Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in building partnerships to achieve corporate objectives and KPIs, with an open and collaborative mindset to forge partnerships and stakeholder buy-in for new initiatives.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills and acumen to lead innovative capacity development initiatives.
- Proven team management abilities, with strong oral and written communication, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, engage and motivate staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- High EQ and negotiation skills, resilient and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment that requires multiple tasks.
- Good team player who is both process and results oriented with excellent project and time management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to take initiative to overcome challenges and problems at work.
- Experience of training in industry and/or in L&D in business will be an asset.