New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Tue 24 May ’22Posted on:
Intermediate Design Architect
S9 Architecture is looking for a highly qualified Intermediate Architect with strong design skills and a passion for technical execution. The position offers the opportunity to design/document iconic projects across North America.
- Assist and collaborate with the project team in the production of presentation materials and in the presentation of designs to clients and other consultants
- Collaborate with design directors to generate design ideas and compelling design stories
- Collaborate with internal project team and others to develop the design and maintain design integrity during SD, DD, CD and CA phases
- Develop design with understanding, time constraints and budget requirements, basic understanding of zoning, good understanding of ADA.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Ability to work on more than one project, occasionally participating in projects for a short time.
- Interest and ability to research materials and products.
- Improve and maintain the level of design quality for the company
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- 5+ years of post-graduation work experience
- Strong design capabilities
- Significant experience with Rhino, V-ray and Enscape required, and preferably AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bluebeam and 3D Max as well. (InDesign is key for interiors)
- Self-motivated, energetic and organized with excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Likes to work independently but is comfortable asking questions of senior managers
A portfolio of work demonstrating both professional and academic work is required. Please attach a portfolio if you wish to be considered.
Who we are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 60 designers dedicated to shaping the pragmatic needs of our clients with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting preconceptions and stylistic concerns, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as a glue that helps to bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is primarily focused on the New York area with projects in San Francisco, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Canada as well. We strive for noble design in everything we do and in all project typologies which currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the US Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer comprehensive benefits including: health benefits through United Healthcare, 401(k) backed company, reimbursement and mentoring for AREs, annual performance reviews and an ok football team.
Click on here to apply.